Here are some websites you should explore as you put together your applications.
- The Solicitor’s Regulation Authority (SRA) Trainee Resources – a good place to start. This website offers guidance, information on training contracts, and eligibility requirements.
- The Lex 100 – the student guide to law. This provides basic facts, figures, and insights for high street and regional firms, all the way up to magic circle and international megafirms.
- The Legal 500 / Chambers & Partners – client directories. This is a fantastic way to see what clients and other lawyers have to say about a particular firm. I used this resource extensively during my research and interview prep.
- Chambers Student – a more detailed student guide with “insider access” to applications, interviews, assessment days, and the culture of a firm. During my research, I would check out Lex100 first, and then delve a bit deeper using Chambers Student.
- GuardianLaw – the newspaper a really good portal for both legal news and legal careers advice.
- Mondaq – I’m a bit obsessed with this website. It’s a huge (and free!) database of the latest thinking on legal, accounting, regulatory & commercial issues supplied by leading law firms and attorneys.